Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed December 14, 2011
Pikelny & Friends at Station Inn
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Nashville, TN – Noam (Pickles) Pikelny has played banjo for The John Cowan Band, Leftover Salmon, and is currently working with Punch Brothers. The Chicago native won the first ever Steve Martin Prize for Excellence in Banjo and Bluegrass last year and was featured in the Funny Or Die video Bluegrass Diva.
Pikelny recently released his second solo album "Beat the Devil and Carry a Rail" on October 25, 2011 with Compass Records.
Noam Pikelny and Friends (including Jesse Cobb, Chris Eldridge, Aoife O'Donovan, Mark Schatz, and Gabe Witcher) are touring in support of the album.
Rose Krzton-Presson spoke with Noam before his show at the Station Inn in Nashville on Decemeber 7th.
Special guests at the show included: Tim O'Brien, Bryan Sutton, Luke Bulla, John Cowan, John Randall, and Dierks Bentley.
Visit noampikelny.com for more information.