Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri June 1, 2012
Pension cuts postponed in Illinois Legislature
The top Republican in the Illinois House says he’s shelving legislation to rein in ballooning government pension costs.
Republican House Minority Leader Tom Cross says he consulted with Governor Pat Quinn before concluding the measure couldn’t pass before the General Assembly ended its spring session. He says Quinn will soon call lawmakers back to try again. Legislators were on the verge of addressing two other financial problems. They approved a 2 point 7 billion dollar plan to shore up Medicaid earlier in the session, and they began sending pieces of a spare new budget to the governor last night.