Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed March 25, 2009
Pennyrile Forest waits for FEMA aid
By Casey Northcutt
Dawson Springs, KY – The Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park must wait for FEMA to issue contracts before it can completely repair damage from January's ice storm. Park Naturalist Becky Clark says that prematurely removing debris from the park's trails and facilities could disqualify it for some federal aid. At the moment, Pennyrile's campgrounds, trail system, boat dock and beach area still remain closed. Clark says some of the trails may even require rerouting because the debris may be too thick to cut through. However, officials hope to fully restore the park by Memorial Day.