Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon October 1, 2012
Peebles Talks About Fighting Back Against Relationship Violence
Take Back the Night is an event held by organizations dedicated to helping women achieve safety and empowerment. However, this night is not for women only. Organizers encourage men, women, and children of all ages to attend. Violence is a dark part of society that affects us all. Take Back the Night seeks to end sexual violence in all of its forms including sexual assault, sexual abuse, dating violence, and domestic violence. Denese Peebles, president of A Community of Women, Inc., joined Angela Hatton on Sounds Good to talk about two Take Back the Night events coming up in our region, one in Metropolis, and one in Paducah.