Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri December 12, 2008
Pedestrians Struck on Interstate
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – Two pedestrians have been hit on I-24 in the past week. Wednesday, a 78-year-old man was hit by a tractor-trailer truck after trying to cross the interstate from a cove of trees. Officials say the man died on impact. This morning, another man, 34-year-old Brian Gilmore of Brooksville, Florida, was hit by another tractor-trailer on I-24. The driver changed lanes many times to avoid Gilmore, but the pedestrian mimicked the driver's moves and was struck by the tractor trailer's rear axel. Gilmore was air-lifted to Vanderbilt Medical Center for treatment. Both cases remain under investigation.