Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri December 12, 2008
Pedestrians Struck on Interstate
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – Two pedestrians have been hit on I-24 in the past week. Wednesday, a 78-year-old man was hit by a tractor-trailer truck after trying to cross the interstate from a cove of trees. Officials say the man died on impact. This morning, another man, 34-year-old Brian Gilmore of Brooksville, Florida, was hit by another tractor-trailer on I-24. The driver changed lanes many times to avoid Gilmore, but the pedestrian mimicked the driver's moves and was struck by the tractor trailer's rear axel. Gilmore was air-lifted to Vanderbilt Medical Center for treatment. Both cases remain under investigation.