Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 5, 2012
PED Says 450 Jobs Coming to Paducah
Paducah Economic Development officials say they've signed a deal that will bring 450 jobs to the area. Development President Chad Chancellor tells The Paducah Sun the agency has an agreement with Colorado-based Teletech Holdings, which has promised 450 call center jobs that have an average wage of $9.50 an hour.
Chancellor says 150 workers would be based at the city-owned Commerce Center, and 300 others would work from a new building to be constructed inside the Paducah Commerce Park. Judge-Executive Van Newberry says he thinks it will be the largest amount of collective jobs to come to the county in decades.