Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon November 5, 2012
PED Says 450 Jobs Coming to Paducah
Paducah Economic Development officials say they've signed a deal that will bring 450 jobs to the area. Development President Chad Chancellor tells The Paducah Sun the agency has an agreement with Colorado-based Teletech Holdings, which has promised 450 call center jobs that have an average wage of $9.50 an hour.
Chancellor says 150 workers would be based at the city-owned Commerce Center, and 300 others would work from a new building to be constructed inside the Paducah Commerce Park. Judge-Executive Van Newberry says he thinks it will be the largest amount of collective jobs to come to the county in decades.