Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue October 19, 2010
Paul/Conway Debate on WKMS Wednesday at 7 p.m.
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – WKMS News continues "Election 2010" coverage tomorrow with a special airing of last week's Greater Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce debate between U.S. Senate Candidates Jack Conway and Rand Paul. The debate airs Wednesday (October 20) at 7:00 P.M. following NPR's All Things Considered.
WKMS News Director Chad Lampe said, "We're airing this debate as recorded live at the Carson Center in Paducah to help listeners learn more about the candidates in the most important race in the Commonwealth this year."
Candidates Paul and Conway sparred over federal healthcare reform, the national debt and immigration issues. Media panelists Bill Bartleman of The Paducah Sun, Donna Groves of Bristol Broadcasting and Mike Mallory of WPSD-TV questioned the candidates at the Thursday October 7 debate. The debate includes the candidates' views on growing the river industry in western Kentucky, and how to spur job growth in the Four Rivers Region.