Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon February 11, 2013
Paul Says Judd Doesn't Represent Kentucky
Kentucky’s junior Republican U.S. Sen. Rand Paul says actress and activist Ashley Judd, who’s considering a run against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, doesn't represent Kentucky or even live in the state. Paul made the comments Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" when asked about potential 2014 challengers to McConnell.
An ad recently released by the American Crossroads PAC shows Kentucky native Judd in videos that reference her involvement in Democratic politics in Tennessee, where she lives. Paul says Judd is a famous actress who is attractive and articulate. But he says she doesn't represent Kentucky.