Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Wed June 6, 2012
Paul Okay With Wealthy Paying More—If Tax Code Simplified
Originally published on Wed June 6, 2012 10:50 am
Appearing on CNN Tuesday, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., supported the idea of wealthier Americans paying higher taxes if the code is simplified and all loopholes are closed.
Since taking office, Paul has pushed for entitlement reform to include raising the retirement age and means-testing for Medicare to prevent the affluent from receiving benefits. Though the Senator's position is a bit more nuanced, many observers take his position as a potential compromise between lawmakers on the long-term solvency of entitlement programs.