Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed June 6, 2012
Paul Okay With Wealthy Paying More—If Tax Code Simplified
Originally published on Wed June 6, 2012 10:50 am
Appearing on CNN Tuesday, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., supported the idea of wealthier Americans paying higher taxes if the code is simplified and all loopholes are closed.
Since taking office, Paul has pushed for entitlement reform to include raising the retirement age and means-testing for Medicare to prevent the affluent from receiving benefits. Though the Senator's position is a bit more nuanced, many observers take his position as a potential compromise between lawmakers on the long-term solvency of entitlement programs.