Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Thu April 18, 2013
Paul Considering 2016 Presidential Bid
Kentucky’s junior Republican U.S. Senator Rand Paul says he’s considering a 2016 presidential bid but will not make a decision before next year.
Paul told attendees at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor he wants to be part of the national debate and that being considered a potential candidate gives him what he calls a larger microphone on issues.
Paul plans to travel to early voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire this spring and South Carolina this summer as part of the process. He says he is considering a candidacy" but won't make a decision before 2014.
Paul is the son of former Texas Representative Ron Paul, a libertarian Republican who sought the presidency in 1988, 2008 and 2012.