Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri October 18, 2013
Parole Denied to Man Convicted of Kidnapping
One of seven people charged in the disappearance and death of a western Kentucky woman has lost his first bid for parole.
The Kentucky Parole Board rejected Zachary Finley’s bid for release just months into his five-year sentence for kidnapping and perjury. Finley was involved in the slaying of 21-year-old CaSondra Evrard in December 2010. Evrard was found dead in a creek bed with stab wounds.
Of the six people charged in the case, four pleaded guilty, a jury convicted one and one is scheduled for trial in January.