Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri October 18, 2013
Parole Denied to Man Convicted of Kidnapping
One of seven people charged in the disappearance and death of a western Kentucky woman has lost his first bid for parole.
The Kentucky Parole Board rejected Zachary Finley’s bid for release just months into his five-year sentence for kidnapping and perjury. Finley was involved in the slaying of 21-year-old CaSondra Evrard in December 2010. Evrard was found dead in a creek bed with stab wounds.
Of the six people charged in the case, four pleaded guilty, a jury convicted one and one is scheduled for trial in January.