Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri October 18, 2013
Parole Denied to Man Convicted of Kidnapping
One of seven people charged in the disappearance and death of a western Kentucky woman has lost his first bid for parole.
The Kentucky Parole Board rejected Zachary Finley’s bid for release just months into his five-year sentence for kidnapping and perjury. Finley was involved in the slaying of 21-year-old CaSondra Evrard in December 2010. Evrard was found dead in a creek bed with stab wounds.
Of the six people charged in the case, four pleaded guilty, a jury convicted one and one is scheduled for trial in January.