Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu March 26, 2009
Paris, Tennessee actress is America's first female president, on TV
By Kate Lochte
Paris, Tennessee – The television spy drama "24" attracted two-time Tony Award winning actress Cherry Jones to her first television role, playing America's first female president, Allison Taylor. Ms. Jones hails from Paris, Tennessee, where her parents Jack and Joanie Jones, and sister Susan, live. During a media blitz at the Paris-Henry County Heritage Center, Kate Lochte asked Ms. Jones about adding her presidential role on "24" to her stage and film credits.
Tennessee is recognizing Ms. Jones with a Governor's Arts Award on April 14th. On April 18th, in a day long effort, TV drama "24's" president Allison Taylor, aka, Cherry Jones fundraises for her hometown, Paris, Tennessee with a town hall meeting, a silent auction of items from "24" and more, as well as photo opportunities with the two-time Tony Award winning actress. You'll hear more about those activities on a future Front Page.