Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu March 26, 2009
Paris, Tennessee actress is America's first female president, on TV
By Kate Lochte
Paris, Tennessee – The television spy drama "24" attracted two-time Tony Award winning actress Cherry Jones to her first television role, playing America's first female president, Allison Taylor. Ms. Jones hails from Paris, Tennessee, where her parents Jack and Joanie Jones, and sister Susan, live. During a media blitz at the Paris-Henry County Heritage Center, Kate Lochte asked Ms. Jones about adding her presidential role on "24" to her stage and film credits.
Tennessee is recognizing Ms. Jones with a Governor's Arts Award on April 14th. On April 18th, in a day long effort, TV drama "24's" president Allison Taylor, aka, Cherry Jones fundraises for her hometown, Paris, Tennessee with a town hall meeting, a silent auction of items from "24" and more, as well as photo opportunities with the two-time Tony Award winning actress. You'll hear more about those activities on a future Front Page.