Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed August 12, 2009
Paris Residents Ask Commission to Widen Dangerous' Road
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – A group of residents who live along Paris's Travis Boyd Road say the roadway is too narrow and they're asking the Henry County Highway Commission to widen it. According to the Paris Post-Intelligencer, the commission told a group of residents Monday they would need signatures from each person living along the road before the department could take action. Residents say high speed drivers and those failing to observe the road's stop sign is a fatal accident waiting to happen.