Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu August 2, 2012
Paris Commission Meeting Tonight
Paris, Tennessee Commissioners will discuss several financial issues at their meeting tonight. The Paris Post Intelligencer said commissioners will consider amending the 2012 fiscal year budget to allow the city to issue notes for sewer line expansion and to purchase a new fire truck. They’ll look at a rate increase for tire disposal at the Paris-Henry County Landfill. The rise would offset the costs private contractors charge to pick up used tires. And commissioners will consider adoption of one of the options listed by the state to reduce the city’s future payout for employee pensions. Current employees won’t be affected and any change would only apply to new hires after six months.