Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 3, 2008
Paris Bank Gets Five Stars
By Angela Hatton
Paris, TN – Nationwide reports question the health of the US banking industry, but at least one regional bank is growing in distinction. The industry analysis corporation Bauer Financial gives Security Bank of Paris a five star rating. Ratings are based on quarterly report data that analyzes the overall health and stability of a bank. President and Director of Research Karen Dorway says of the 85-hundred banks Bauer monitors, around thirty percent have five star ratings. Dorway says overall banks have scored pretty well, but the number of institutions with one or two star ratings, considered banks in bad health, have increased in the past year.