Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon November 3, 2008
Paris Bank Gets Five Stars
By Angela Hatton
Paris, TN – Nationwide reports question the health of the US banking industry, but at least one regional bank is growing in distinction. The industry analysis corporation Bauer Financial gives Security Bank of Paris a five star rating. Ratings are based on quarterly report data that analyzes the overall health and stability of a bank. President and Director of Research Karen Dorway says of the 85-hundred banks Bauer monitors, around thirty percent have five star ratings. Dorway says overall banks have scored pretty well, but the number of institutions with one or two star ratings, considered banks in bad health, have increased in the past year.