Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed September 11, 2013
Panel To Review State's New Science Standards
A legislative subcommittee is expected to weigh in on the state's new science education standards today. The Administrative Regulations Review Subcommittee meets at 1 p.m. in the Capitol Annex. That’s where it will either approve or reject the standards that have proven especially controversial in Kentucky. The standards, developed through a consortium of states with input from educators and scientists across the nation, were adopted by the Kentucky Board of Education in June.