Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed September 11, 2013
Panel To Review State's New Science Standards
A legislative subcommittee is expected to weigh in on the state's new science education standards today. The Administrative Regulations Review Subcommittee meets at 1 p.m. in the Capitol Annex. That’s where it will either approve or reject the standards that have proven especially controversial in Kentucky. The standards, developed through a consortium of states with input from educators and scientists across the nation, were adopted by the Kentucky Board of Education in June.