Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon December 7, 2009
Paducah's 2113th Ships Out to Iraq
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – 145 members of the 2113th Transportation Company National Guard unit in Paducah are getting ready to ship out for Iraq. This will be the unit's second deployment there, where they will provide convoy security, after two months of training at Camp Shelby, Mississippi. The unit and their families gathered at Paducah Tilghman High School yesterday for a send off ceremony. Lieutenant Governor Dan Mongiardo and Kentucky National Guard Adjutant General Edward Tonini were both present at the event, thanking and bidding farewell to the troops.