Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed May 9, 2012
Paducah/McCracken County CCC Requests Funds
The Paducah McCracken County Convention Corporation is requesting funds from both the city and the county governments. CCC spokesman Hal Sullivan says they will need $100,000 dollars from entity to aid in the operation of the convention and expo centers. He says the funds would be used to pay for management services from the Carson Center, as well as insurance and maintenance.
Sullivan provided an update for city commissioners in a meeting last night, saying the CCC’s efforts for the past six months have centered on getting finances in order following an embezzlement scandal involving former Executive Director J. Patrick Kerr. Paducah Mayor Bill Paxton says the next step in insuring the continued operation of the centers is attracting a hotel to be built downtown which would take over management services.