Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon December 21, 2009
Paducah Settles Executive Inn Liens
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The city of Paducah has settled nine liens on the Executive Inn for about half their face value, bringing it closer to finalizing its purchase of the hotel. Commissioners approved paying nearly $186,000 in the settlement. Officials are expected to wrap up the deal Wednesday, as they sign documents transferring ownership. The Paducah Sun reports the city has clear plans to demolish the hotel, and is expected to begin soliciting bids next month for a company to liquidate the property's furnishings and equipment.