Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon June 3, 2013
Paducah School Wins Green Playground
A Paducah elementary school has won a grant for a new, environmentally friendly playground. Morgan Elementary School received the $5,000 grant last week. The 400-student school is in an urban area and principal Vicki Conyer says the grant will help them develop more green space. Morgan won the grant through a nationwide contest sponsored by Discovery Education and the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute's Education Foundation.
As part of the award, all the students at Morgan also will receive a backpack filled with school supplies.