Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Tue July 23, 2013
Paducah Requesting Bids for Third Greenway Trail Section
The City of Paducah is requesting bids for the third section of the Clyde S. Boyle Memorial Greenway Trail after the state approved design plans last week.
City spokesperson Pam Spencer says the third section includes a tunnel under U.S. 45/Cairo Road and connects the two existing segments of the greenway. She says construction should start this fall on the 1.2 mile section and be open to the public next spring.
Spencer says construction costs including design and right of way acquisition total $1.15 million. She says the city has set aside almost $1 million already. Bids for the third section’s construction are due to the city August 14.