Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue July 23, 2013
Paducah Requesting Bids for Third Greenway Trail Section
The City of Paducah is requesting bids for the third section of the Clyde S. Boyle Memorial Greenway Trail after the state approved design plans last week.
City spokesperson Pam Spencer says the third section includes a tunnel under U.S. 45/Cairo Road and connects the two existing segments of the greenway. She says construction should start this fall on the 1.2 mile section and be open to the public next spring.
Spencer says construction costs including design and right of way acquisition total $1.15 million. She says the city has set aside almost $1 million already. Bids for the third section’s construction are due to the city August 14.