Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue July 23, 2013
Paducah Requesting Bids for Third Greenway Trail Section
The City of Paducah is requesting bids for the third section of the Clyde S. Boyle Memorial Greenway Trail after the state approved design plans last week.
City spokesperson Pam Spencer says the third section includes a tunnel under U.S. 45/Cairo Road and connects the two existing segments of the greenway. She says construction should start this fall on the 1.2 mile section and be open to the public next spring.
Spencer says construction costs including design and right of way acquisition total $1.15 million. She says the city has set aside almost $1 million already. Bids for the third section’s construction are due to the city August 14.