Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu March 6, 2014
Paducah Public School Superintendent Search Underway
A search screening committee has begun evaluating resumes and essay questions from 28 applicants to make a recommendation for the next Paducah City Schools Superintendent.
Paducah Public Schools Public Information Officer Wayne Walden says the screening committee will recommend three to five finalists to the school board March 19 with the goal of finally naming a superintendent by March 31.
Randy Greene, current superintendent, has resigned effective June 30, 2014 after 10 years in the position.
The Paducah public school district is home to nearly 3,000 students at Clark, McNabb, and Morgan Elementary schools; Paducah Middle School; Paducah Tilghman High School; CHOICES Education Center; and Paducah Head Start Preschool.