Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed December 12, 2012
Paducah Pool, Historic Building Renovations Discussed
Paducah city commissioners introduced ordinances for two major renovation projects at their Tuesday night meeting. One continues the second phase of the Noble Park swimming pool renovation. It will include gutter and drain replacement, filtration, disinfection, pumping and other repairs. Bidding for the third phase starts in early 2013. The other authorizes the start of renovation on the Market House building and the River Discovery Center. Commissioner Gayle Kaler says she worked with the city manager and the city engineer-public works director for two years to get the buildings repaired.
“They’re part of the history of Paducah. Market House, of course, is the central piece of the history of Paducah in my opinion. It’s a city-owned building," she says. "We’re responsible for that.”
The contract for the Market House and River Discovery Center repairs equals nearly $216,000.