Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri July 31, 2009
Paducah man steals from elderly aunt and uncle
By Jacque Day
Paducah, KY – A Paducah man is charged with financially exploiting his elderly aunt and uncle. Investigations by McCracken County Sheriff's detectives revealed that 57-year-old Roger Lee Winsett took about $180,000 from Milburn and Allie Winsett, both in their late 80s. Winsett gained power of attorney over the couple's finances, and used the money to buy several vehicles. He also made a $55,000 down payment on his Valiant Drive property, furnished several rooms worth of furniture for his home and office, and hired a chauffeur at $100 per day. Detectives have executed five search warrants on Winsett since Monday. At present he's charged with a Class C Felony, which could mean five to ten years of jail time. The ongoing investigation could bring more charges. Winsett is being held at McCracken County Jail on a $15,000 bond.