Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu October 18, 2012
Paducah Man Denied Probation for Motorcycle Death
A McCracken circuit judge has denied probation for a Paducah man whose stepdaughter was killed while riding with him on a motorcycle. Kira Bryant was just 14 when she died in a summer 2011 crash. Jamison Turney pled guilty to second-degree manslaughter in the case. Authorities say his blood-alcohol level was .09 percent and that Kira Bryant was not wearing a helmet. Assistant Commonwealth Attorney Raymond McGee opposed the probation request, saying early release of a drunk driver who killed a teenager unduly depreciates the seriousness of the crime. Circuit Judge Tim Kaltenbach denied the probation. He had also previously denied a shock probation request.