Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed July 29, 2009
Paducah Man Charged with Sexual Abuse
By Jacque Day
Paducah, KY – A Paducah man has been charged with first-degree sexual abuse for inappropriately touching an 11-year-old girl. Paducah police arrested 46-year-old William K. Harriford after he admitted contact with the girl. The investigation commenced last week after the child reported the abuse to her mother, who went to the Cabinet for Children and Family Services. They, in turn, notified Paducah police detectives. Harriford was booked into McCracken County Regional Jail this morning on no bond.