Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
Wed March 20, 2013
Paducah Main Street Seeks Roof Funding
Paducah Main Street Director Lisa Thompson updated the Mayor and Commissioners at last night’s City Commission meeting on a proposed roof stabilization program, part of her organization’s four point approach to developing and retaining the historic integrity and significance of the Renaissance District. The four-points include economic restructuring, promotion, design, and organization. The roof stabilization program has not yet been approved.
The program would involve the City providing a third of the cost for roof projects costing at least $35,000. The city’s contribution would be capped at $50,000 per project.