Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri May 18, 2012
Paducah Mail Processing Center to Close in 2014
Paducah's US Postal Service Processing and Distribution Center will not be among those shut down in the first round of closures next year. USPS officials are moving forward with a multi-billion dollar cost-cutting plan that will shutter nearly 250 mail processing centers across the country.
Local American Postal Worker Union President Gerl McKinney tells the Paducah Sun the Paducah location will instead close in January 2014. The move will cost at least 15 jobs, but is expected to save around $2.4 million dollars. Service at the center will be consolidated with the one in Evansville, Indiana.