Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu March 11, 2010
Paducah Inn Sues KY Oaks Mall Owner
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Owners of the Paducah Inn in front of Kentucky Oaks Mall filed a lawsuit yesterday accusing the mall owner, Ohio-based Cafaro Company, of interfering with its deals. The property has been up for sale for about two years and has had six potential buyers. The property's deed restricts its use to a motel, restaurant, or financial institution, but requires the mall owner's approval. The Paducah Sun reports the lawsuit will seek to void the deed restrictions, claiming they block the owners' right to sell the property. Cafaro Company claims its restrictions ensure compatibility and are not in place to avoid rental space competition.