Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri November 9, 2012
Paducah Independent Running for Senate President
An independent from Paducah says he's running for the top position in the Republican-controlled state Senate. The Herald Leader reports state Senator Bob Leeper made the announcement Thursday.
The position has been left vacant by the resignation of David Williams, who has accepted a judgeship in southern Kentucky. Senate Majority Leader Robert Stivers also has announced plans to run, and Republicans and Democrats have been operating under the assumption that he will win. Members will elect the new Senate president in January.