Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri November 9, 2012
Paducah Independent Running for Senate President
An independent from Paducah says he's running for the top position in the Republican-controlled state Senate. The Herald Leader reports state Senator Bob Leeper made the announcement Thursday.
The position has been left vacant by the resignation of David Williams, who has accepted a judgeship in southern Kentucky. Senate Majority Leader Robert Stivers also has announced plans to run, and Republicans and Democrats have been operating under the assumption that he will win. Members will elect the new Senate president in January.