Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Sun October 21, 2012
The Paducah History of Krispy Kreme Donuts
Paducah sits a little more than two hours from the nearest Krispy Kreme donut shop, and local fans of the brand’s glazed treats can only find them here and there in local gas stations. Yet, Paducah is where Krispy Kreme creator Vernon Rudolph discovered the recipe for his famous yeast-raised doughnuts and where he worked at his uncle’s store, selling the pastries from a box on his bicycle. Casey Northcutt has more on Rudolph’s impressive and somewhat disputed transformation from humble doughnut peddler into bakery mogul.