Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Sun October 21, 2012
The Paducah History of Krispy Kreme Donuts
Paducah sits a little more than two hours from the nearest Krispy Kreme donut shop, and local fans of the brand’s glazed treats can only find them here and there in local gas stations. Yet, Paducah is where Krispy Kreme creator Vernon Rudolph discovered the recipe for his famous yeast-raised doughnuts and where he worked at his uncle’s store, selling the pastries from a box on his bicycle. Casey Northcutt has more on Rudolph’s impressive and somewhat disputed transformation from humble doughnut peddler into bakery mogul.