Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Sun October 21, 2012
The Paducah History of Krispy Kreme Donuts
Paducah sits a little more than two hours from the nearest Krispy Kreme donut shop, and local fans of the brand’s glazed treats can only find them here and there in local gas stations. Yet, Paducah is where Krispy Kreme creator Vernon Rudolph discovered the recipe for his famous yeast-raised doughnuts and where he worked at his uncle’s store, selling the pastries from a box on his bicycle. Casey Northcutt has more on Rudolph’s impressive and somewhat disputed transformation from humble doughnut peddler into bakery mogul.