Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed January 9, 2013
Paducah Has New Mayor Pro Tem
Newly-elected Paducah City Commissioner Sandra Wilson is also the new mayor pro tem. New Mayor Gayle Kaler and the rest of the commission elected Wilson to the post at last night’s regular meeting.
Wilson will preside over commission meetings in Mayor Kaler’s absence. Commissioners also discussed a section of the city’s new Greenway Trail. Kaler says she and the commissioners are reviewing a planned tunnel linking two sections of the trail. The tunnel would connect Noble Park with a newly constructed section of trail.