Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon July 7, 2014
Paducah Economic Development Council Hires Consultant Group in CEO Search
The Paducah Economic Development Council has hired a consultant as part of its search for a new CEO.
Mississippi-based Logan Development Group will spearhead the effort to replace former CEO Chad Chancellor, following his retirement in May.
Stan Eckenberg is the PED search committee chairman. He says enlisting the Group's help will give his team a wider range of candidates to choose from.
"We've got a lot of momentum buildup from Chad Chancellor's efforts here, where he's created a tremendous amount of activity that has resulted in some very nice wins for the Paducah area," Eckenberg said.
"The number one criteria we're looking for is somebody that can continue that momentum."
The consultation firm, led by Kentucky native Daniel Logan, will advertise the opening nationally and start reviewing applicants later this month. Those that qualify will be presented to the search committee soon after.
Eckenberg says he expects anywhere between fifty and one hundred candidates.