Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu August 2, 2012
Paducah Dog Park Set to Open
Paducah’s first and only dog park is set to open August 15th. Construction started yesterday on fencing to enclose the one point six acre parcel in Stuart Nelson Park. The finished area will be two small parks; one for dogs more than thirty pounds and one for smaller dogs. In 2010 the Paducah City Commission challenged the public to raise $20,000 towards the $40,000. Two years later, private donors met that goal and the City of Paducah matched it. City Commissioner Gayle Kaler told the Paducah Sun, "It’s a quality-of-life project that serves both people who live in here and people who are looking to move here."