Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed February 3, 2010
Paducah Commissioners OK Pavilion Work Bid
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – City Commissioners have accepted a contract bid to construct the foundation of the city's air dome pavilion that will house vendors during the 2010 American Quilter's Society Quilt Show. M.P. Lawson Construction won the contract with its bid just under $695,000. Parks Services Director Mark Thompson says the job includes: site work, concrete foundations, and utilities preparing the site for the pavilion's installation. The project is expected to be completed by the end of March, with the Quilt Show beginning April 21.