Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed August 5, 2009
Paducah Commission Approves Ice Rink/Firetruck
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah city commissioners last night approved an ordinance to bring the popular ice skating rink back this November. The rink is set to open downtown November 13. The rink saw some 18,000 people last winter and costs upwards of $90,000.
Commissioners also approved the purchase of a new ladder truck for the city's fire department. The truck costs over $700,000 and the city expects it to be delivered early next year.