Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Wed August 5, 2009
Paducah Commission Approves Ice Rink/Firetruck
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah city commissioners last night approved an ordinance to bring the popular ice skating rink back this November. The rink is set to open downtown November 13. The rink saw some 18,000 people last winter and costs upwards of $90,000.
Commissioners also approved the purchase of a new ladder truck for the city's fire department. The truck costs over $700,000 and the city expects it to be delivered early next year.