Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Wed August 5, 2009
Paducah Commission Approves Ice Rink/Firetruck
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah city commissioners last night approved an ordinance to bring the popular ice skating rink back this November. The rink is set to open downtown November 13. The rink saw some 18,000 people last winter and costs upwards of $90,000.
Commissioners also approved the purchase of a new ladder truck for the city's fire department. The truck costs over $700,000 and the city expects it to be delivered early next year.