Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed August 5, 2009
Paducah Commission Approves Ice Rink/Firetruck
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah city commissioners last night approved an ordinance to bring the popular ice skating rink back this November. The rink is set to open downtown November 13. The rink saw some 18,000 people last winter and costs upwards of $90,000.
Commissioners also approved the purchase of a new ladder truck for the city's fire department. The truck costs over $700,000 and the city expects it to be delivered early next year.