Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed August 5, 2009
Paducah Commission Approves Ice Rink/Firetruck
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah city commissioners last night approved an ordinance to bring the popular ice skating rink back this November. The rink is set to open downtown November 13. The rink saw some 18,000 people last winter and costs upwards of $90,000.
Commissioners also approved the purchase of a new ladder truck for the city's fire department. The truck costs over $700,000 and the city expects it to be delivered early next year.