Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed November 7, 2012
Paducah City Commissioner Gayle Kaler to Serve as Mayor
Paducah residents elected City Commissioner Gayle Kaler mayor Tuesday with nearly 8,000 votes. She ran against write-in candidate Renee Raney.
Kaler owns Chantillies Beauty Salon and has served on the Commission since 2006. She says in the coming years, one of her top priorities is to attract more employers to the city and to the county. She says,
“I’d like to work on some ideas with the other commissioners—some ideas that I have and run it by them in a strategic planning session. Pray that we can be more business-friendly in the city and maybe get more private businesses to move into the city.”
Kaler also wants to continue renovating Lower Town buildings to increase tourism in the area and to make it more vital to Paducah. Kaler replaces term limited Mayor Bill Paxton.