Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Wed November 7, 2012
Paducah City Commissioner Gayle Kaler to Serve as Mayor
Paducah residents elected City Commissioner Gayle Kaler mayor Tuesday with nearly 8,000 votes. She ran against write-in candidate Renee Raney.
Kaler owns Chantillies Beauty Salon and has served on the Commission since 2006. She says in the coming years, one of her top priorities is to attract more employers to the city and to the county. She says,
“I’d like to work on some ideas with the other commissioners—some ideas that I have and run it by them in a strategic planning session. Pray that we can be more business-friendly in the city and maybe get more private businesses to move into the city.”
Kaler also wants to continue renovating Lower Town buildings to increase tourism in the area and to make it more vital to Paducah. Kaler replaces term limited Mayor Bill Paxton.