Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Wed October 3, 2012
Paducah City Commission Passes Olivet Church Road Widening
The McCracken County Fiscal Court and Paducah’s City Commission met jointly Tuesday to discuss land transactions as well as improvements to Olivet Church Road. The Court and Commission held an executive session to talk about the sale or acquisition of certain real estate. In open session, they passed a joint resolution to widen Olivet Church and improve its curbs and gutters. City Commissioner Gayle Kaler said the project would increase access to one of the city’s major hubs.
“I think it will benefit the community greatly with the traffic flow on Highway 60, and it will alleviate a lot of that congestion that we have," she said. "It will be another way for folks just to get in and out of the mall where right now, we have limited access.”
The fiscal court, city commission, and Commonwealth of Kentucky worked together to widen another part of Olivet Church Road several years ago. The upcoming construction is phase two of the project.