Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed July 25, 2012
Paducah City Commission Meeting
Paducah’s Henry Clay Park is getting a new name. City commissioners voted last night to rename the park in honor of former Mayor Albert Jones who served from 1996 until 2000.
The park is located at the former Henry Clay Elementary School just northeast of Brooks Stadium. The Commission also approved an almost $550,000 contract with Wilkins Construction Company for the next phase of the Greenway Trail project. Construction on the latest section of the pedestrian and bicycle trail along the city’s floodwall levee will begin this summer.