Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed July 25, 2012
Paducah City Commission Meeting
Paducah’s Henry Clay Park is getting a new name. City commissioners voted last night to rename the park in honor of former Mayor Albert Jones who served from 1996 until 2000.
The park is located at the former Henry Clay Elementary School just northeast of Brooks Stadium. The Commission also approved an almost $550,000 contract with Wilkins Construction Company for the next phase of the Greenway Trail project. Construction on the latest section of the pedestrian and bicycle trail along the city’s floodwall levee will begin this summer.