Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue February 25, 2014
Paducah City Commission Green-lights Greenway Trail HWY 45 Underpass
Work on Paducah’s Greenway Trail underpass will begin as early as next month after the Paducah City Commission approved the contract for ICA Engineering on construction and testing for Phase 2 Tuesday night.
City Engineer Rick Murphy said the project will cost around $650,000, which is under appropriations by $240,000. Construction will begin next month depending on weather.
“We look to be working mid to late March and or April depending on what the climate allows us to do,” Murphy said.
US 45 may be closed for 21 days to complete the construction of the underpass that extends the Greenway Trail.
“When we finish leg of the trail we will have complete 4 and a quarter miles, stretching from County Park Road to downtown,” Murphy said.
Phase 2 should be completed by late summer of this year.
The City Commission also unanimously voted to approve the contracts with the police and fire departments’ respective unions. The new contracts are good through June 30th of 2017.