Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed November 11, 2009
Paducah-Chicago Flight Schedule Announced
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah's Barkley Regional Airport will begin its jet service to Chicago on February 11th. SkyWest Airlines will fly a 50-seat United Airlines jet daily to and from Chicago's O'Hare Airport. Passengers will push off from Paducah at 6:00 am arriving in Chicago at 7:20. The flight again returns to Paducah around 11:00 pm. The announcement comes less than month after the US Department of Transportation approved over a half-million dollar yearly subsidy for the service, which outbid the current provider Mesaba Airlines. Mesaba will continue offering Northwest flights to Memphis until the new service begins.