Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed September 9, 2009
Paducah to Buy Back Fountain Ave. Home
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah city commissioners have introduced an ordinance to buy back the fourth and final home in the Fountain Avenue neighborhood, hoping to spur growth there. The city signed an agreement to buy the home from Brent Lamo over a year ago if it did not sell within six months of its completion. Several buyers have shown interest while the property has been on the market, but no one has closed the deal. The six-month timeline to sell the house ends the 29th of this month. The city will buy it back for about $155,000.