Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu May 24, 2012
Paducah Attorney Found Dead
Prominent Paducah attorney Tod Megibow has died. The 61-year-old New York native was found dead in his office Wednesday morning.
McCracken County Coroner Dan Sims tells The Paducah Sun the cause of death is still under investigation. Sims says investigators estimate Megibow died late Tuesday with no indications of foul play. An autopsy is not planned. Before becoming a lawyer, Megibow was a professional sculptor. Friends and colleagues say Megibow was a brilliant legal mind who was proud of his heritage and his Jewish faith. Funeral arrangements are still pending.
Megibow authored a legal thriller novel called Dyslexic Sukcess [sic]. Megibow farmed his own experience to create the main character, a dyslexic Jewish attorney from New York, who has relocated to a small town that looks suspiciously like Paducah. Megibow speaks with Angela Hatton about the book, and his struggle with dyslexia.
Hear Megibow's 2010 interview with WKMS above.