Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Thu May 24, 2012
Paducah Attorney Found Dead
Prominent Paducah attorney Tod Megibow has died. The 61-year-old New York native was found dead in his office Wednesday morning.
McCracken County Coroner Dan Sims tells The Paducah Sun the cause of death is still under investigation. Sims says investigators estimate Megibow died late Tuesday with no indications of foul play. An autopsy is not planned. Before becoming a lawyer, Megibow was a professional sculptor. Friends and colleagues say Megibow was a brilliant legal mind who was proud of his heritage and his Jewish faith. Funeral arrangements are still pending.
Megibow authored a legal thriller novel called Dyslexic Sukcess [sic]. Megibow farmed his own experience to create the main character, a dyslexic Jewish attorney from New York, who has relocated to a small town that looks suspiciously like Paducah. Megibow speaks with Angela Hatton about the book, and his struggle with dyslexia.
Hear Megibow's 2010 interview with WKMS above.