Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed March 13, 2013
Paducah and McCracken County Aid Construction of Call Center
The Paducah City Commission and McCracken County Fiscal Court will help TeleTech Holdings build a new customer service call center. City Manager Jeff Pederson said the two have pledged $1.35 million to help the Colorado-based company construct the building, and Paducah Economic Development committed to $250,000. Pederson said the city and county have decided to aid the company because its business will bring about 450 new jobs to the area.
“We’re at the stage of needing to get the facilities up and going so the jobs can start up hopefully sometime at the end of the year,” Pederson said.
Pederson also said at the moment, City personnel are evaluating submitted proposals for the center’s design and construction. He said they hope to submit a contract to the City Commission and Fiscal Court later in the month.