Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue August 14, 2012
Paducah Among Nation's Sleepiest Cities
The website SleepBetter.org has ranked Paducah third among the nation’s sleepiest cities. The site got the rankings by analyzing data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Behavioral Risk Factors Surveillance System. Paducahans averaged 9.6 days of lost sleep each month, and nearly 26 percent reported not getting enough sleep more than half the time.
Paducah came in behind Charleston, W. V., and Knoxville, Tenn., in the Sleepless Cities Index.