Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed November 11, 2009
Paducah Adopts Texting while Driving Ban
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah City Commissioners passed a resolution yesterday to ban cell phone texting while driving for all drivers and makes it illegal for drivers under 18 years old to use a cell phone at all. The resolution anticipates support of a pre-filed bill in the Kentucky General Assembly. That bill would create a probationary period for the public to become accustomed to the changes, after which a fine of $50 could be issued. Proponents of the bill cite a recent study that finds drivers who text are 23 times more likely to be in a collision.