Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed November 11, 2009
Paducah Adopts Texting while Driving Ban
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah City Commissioners passed a resolution yesterday to ban cell phone texting while driving for all drivers and makes it illegal for drivers under 18 years old to use a cell phone at all. The resolution anticipates support of a pre-filed bill in the Kentucky General Assembly. That bill would create a probationary period for the public to become accustomed to the changes, after which a fine of $50 could be issued. Proponents of the bill cite a recent study that finds drivers who text are 23 times more likely to be in a collision.