Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon December 31, 2012
Owensboro Teacher Given Milken Award
An Owensboro teacher has received a the Milken Award, which honors exceptional educators with a $25,000 gift. Cravens Elementary School teacher Ryan Williams was one of 40 people across the nations to be bestowed with the honor.
Williams is a native of Henderson and began teaching in the Owensboro public school system in 1999 after graduating from Western Kentucky University. He taught first grade for 11 years, then moved to third grade. Now he is on temporary assignment as curriculum facilitator at Estes Elementary School.
More information about the Milken Award can be found here.