Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon November 19, 2012
Owensboro Reinstitutes Juvenile Drug Court
The City of Owensboro and Daviess County are restarting their juvenile drug court. County Attorney Claud Porter says both are putting up 88,000 dollars per year to fund the program. The juvenile drug court was discontinued because of state budget cuts.
Porter says the court will be a diversion program for children who would otherwise receive drug charges. He says the program will serve 40 to 50 children between the ages of 11 and 14 annually.