Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 19, 2012
Owensboro Reinstitutes Juvenile Drug Court
The City of Owensboro and Daviess County are restarting their juvenile drug court. County Attorney Claud Porter says both are putting up 88,000 dollars per year to fund the program. The juvenile drug court was discontinued because of state budget cuts.
Porter says the court will be a diversion program for children who would otherwise receive drug charges. He says the program will serve 40 to 50 children between the ages of 11 and 14 annually.