Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon November 19, 2012
Owensboro Reinstitutes Juvenile Drug Court
The City of Owensboro and Daviess County are restarting their juvenile drug court. County Attorney Claud Porter says both are putting up 88,000 dollars per year to fund the program. The juvenile drug court was discontinued because of state budget cuts.
Porter says the court will be a diversion program for children who would otherwise receive drug charges. He says the program will serve 40 to 50 children between the ages of 11 and 14 annually.