Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed January 1, 2014
Owensboro Police Asked to Investigate Priest
The Kentucky Commonwealth's Attorney's office has asked the Owensboro Police Department to investigate allegations against a priest accused of inappropriate conduct with a minor.
The Owensboro Messenger-Inquirer reports the Catholic Diocese of Owensboro has temporarily suspended the Rev. John Meredith following an investigation.
Diocese of Owensboro Bishop William Medley says the review board unanimously judged the allegation to be credible and urges compassion for the person who brought the matter to light.
Meredith has been a priest at Blessed Mother Catholic Church since 2008. A call to the church seeking comment from Meredith was not immediately returned.
Commonwealth's Attorney Bruce Kuegel said the diocese referred the matter to the prosecutor's office. He declined to identify the alleged inappropriate conduct.