Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu November 15, 2012
Owensboro Officials Looking for Highway Access
Owensboro officials hope a recent study will put them in the path of a new highway running from Tennessee to Michigan. The report found the proposed Interstate 67 could attract 16 to 30 thousand vehicles a day along most of its length when it’s completed in 2035. The study projects higher volumes along the Kentucky section.
The corridor would stretch from I-65 in Nashville to I-196 in western Michigan. Daviess County Judge-Executive Al Mattingly says having an interstate would make the city more attractive to business, and mean more spending on gas, food, and lodging.