Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu November 15, 2012
Owensboro Officials Looking for Highway Access
Owensboro officials hope a recent study will put them in the path of a new highway running from Tennessee to Michigan. The report found the proposed Interstate 67 could attract 16 to 30 thousand vehicles a day along most of its length when it’s completed in 2035. The study projects higher volumes along the Kentucky section.
The corridor would stretch from I-65 in Nashville to I-196 in western Michigan. Daviess County Judge-Executive Al Mattingly says having an interstate would make the city more attractive to business, and mean more spending on gas, food, and lodging.